The Ghana Education Service (GES) has released the placement of Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) candidates into senior high, technical and vocational schools.
The roll-out went up live last night, Sunday, February 28, 2021.
In a statement issued by the GES, out of the total number of 533,693 registered candidates, 494,530 candidates qualified to be placed.
Also 343, 264 of the candidates were automatically placed in one of their choice of school, while 151,266 qualified candidates could not be matched with any of their choices.
Meanwhile, the GES has instructed such students “to do self-placement to select from available schools.”
To check their placement, GHS students are to follow these steps:
1. Obtain a placement pin code form an approved vendor.
2. After obtaining a pin code log onto the site https://cssps.gov.gh/
3. Enter the ten-digit index number and add 20 as the year of completion. E.g.: 123456789020
4. Enter the pin code details (serial number and pin)
5. Click on submit and wait for placement to show up
6. Print the form if you have been placed and visit the school to begin the admission process.
However, for the 151,266 qualified candidates who could not be matched with any of their selected schools, GES noted that they will be redirected to the Self-Placement Portal where they will be asked to answer some questions.
“Management of Ghana Education Services wishes to assure all students, especially, those who could not be matched with their choices during the automatic placement, parents and the general public that all schools with vacancies have been uploaded on the portal for students to select from during self-placement without hitches,” the statement added.
The statement further announced that the National Solution centre will not be set-up this year due to the covid-19 pandemic, however, it said the GES Call centre will be activated to receive calls and complaints.
“The call centre numbers are 0900 800 700 and 030 298 7654” the statement concluded.